Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pictures take two


I should add on the what I've learned post something about testing in different browsers, OS, etc., but I did that! I'm not sure why the Picasa slideshow isn't working for some people, but here are the before and after pictures for my library, if you don't mind the loading time.

Before:


The large library space was used for students taking PSEO classes, and not much more
The books were kept in a room off the large library space
Not the most technical of a design project, but it seemed to work (and much better when I started using a tape measure rather than a ruler!!)

Next the books had to be moved - a great time for weeding

The guys came to help

Straps are our friend

And after!
Our popular "comfy seating"
Another angle
Gutter shelving - thanks Kathy for the idea!
Students enjoy the space to work on their schoolwork
We have lots of students take college courses while in high school, and the library is their classroom
Football players use the space - and check out books, too!
I am really blessed with a great administration who understand and support my vision for the library as the learning commons of the school.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again - this is the best job in the world!

1 comment:

  1. Not a librarian (yet) but love what you did with the limited space!

    ReplyDelete